On 22/06/16 19:05, Henri Sivonen wrote:
> We shouldn't expect to be able to use Servo's implementations of DOM
> APIs in a drop-in a manner in Gecko. Because Servo allocates Rust
> objects on the JavaScript heap, but Gecko doesn't allocate C++ objects
> on the JavaScript heap,

For the record, this is not true. The significant difference is that
Servo creates a reflector (JSObject) for any DOM object as soon as it is
created, and this reflector is responsible for the deallocation of the
DOM object. Gecko instead manages the DOM object through reference
counting, and only creates a reflector when JS code needs it.

> the memory management arrangements of the two
> engines are fundamentally different and, therefore, the same WebIDL
> bindings won't work.

... but your conclusion remains correct.

HTH
Ms2ger