On 2016-07-13 10:31 PM, ajo...@mozilla.com wrote:
Our official Firefox builds on Linux support both PulseAudio and ALSA. There
are a number of additional contributed backends that can be turned on at
compile time, although contribution towards long-term maintenance and matching
feature parity with the actively developed backends has been low. On Linux, we
actively maintain the PulseAudio backend but we also approach the PulseAudio
developers when we see issues in PulseAudio. The PulseAudio developers are
generally good to work with.
FWIW all of Arch, Fedora, Debian (including Raspian), (U/Ku/Xu)buntu, Mint, OpenSUSE ship PulseAudio by default, and have for a long time. You've got to work pretty hard to find a desktop linux distribution that doesn't; even Gentoo and Android-x86 have it reliably available.

- mhoye