On Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 4:27:32 AM UTC-5, Martin Thomson wrote:
> Yep, I just designated a relatives machine to recycling on that basis.
> I could have updated the OS, but they had other better options, so
> we're reclaiming the space.  I know that neither option is that
> pleasant, but it's not doing anyone a service to have these machines
> on the internet.

I'm free tech support for my family as well. My worry is those who don't have
access to tech support of some form to help them with the next step. I know
some tech stores specialize in helping customers with old machines, but that
assumes that the type of person who needs that help knows where to find it.