Em quinta-feira, 27 de outubro de 2016 11:48:13 UTC-2, Peter Dolanjski
escreveu:

> > What I think would be helpful if Mozilla does go with this plan, is that,
> > first, Mozilla sets a definite end date up front for ESR 52 and, second,
> > that Mozilla has puts out the message as to what and why this is happening.
> > Setting an end date for support will give everyone a timeline to work with
> > and kill any hope on those with older machines that they can just keep
> > holding out one more month for updates that will never come.

Discontinuing support for 10% of users sounds like shrinking 10% of customers,
lay off 10% of employees, reduce 10% of funds for investments.

- Is really necessary to abandon all XP users?
- Is possible to discontinue the most hard to support components? Somenthing
like "Video conferencing will not work in XP" or like is planned for flash.
- Is possible restrict the user base affected? Like only XP SP2 and older...
- Someone has the statistics details of this "10% user base" for supporting
this decision? What service pack? Where they are? What are the demographics
numbers? How often the browse web?
- Someone has the numbers for what is the cost for this burden?

I see how Mozilla is important for open web and how firefox user base is
shrinking. This worries me.

Maybe hiring one or two developers for supporting this user base is cheaper
than loosing these users.