Hi,

Recently I have added a feature to Firefox which let it shutdown on its
own in case of a content crash happening (bug 1311016). It is available
starting with Firefox 52, and the behavior can be controlled via the
MOZ_CRASHREPORTER_SHUTDOWN environment variable.

This feature is kinda helpful for test harnesses to ensure a proper
continuation of the remaining tests. As of now only Marionette makes use
of it (bug 1299216) but I feel that other harnesses might also benefit
from it.

So if there are needs please file an appropriate bug to get this support
added to mochitest and others.

--
Henrik Skupin
Senior Software Engineer