Gregory Szorc writes:

> When the autoland repository was introduced, it was advised to not pull
> from this repository because we plan to do rewrites like this frequently in
> the future. So if this rewriting impacted your local repo and you aren't a
> sheriff, you should consider changing your workflow to not rely on pulling
> the autoland repo.

Thank you for cleaning up the accidental delete/adds.
Do you think it would be worth blocking commits from git that add
and remove files to avoid this happening in future?
This is not the first time this has happened.
Bug 1313432 (automv) may help on autoland, but the problem is not
specific to autoland.

When history is rewritten, is there a way to view the original
history through the web interface, so that autoland tinderbox
builds can be used to find regression ranges?

https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/autoland/rev/04a37d89a469
says "An error occurred while processing your request"

Is it necessary to pull autoland and use the evolve extension?