On 12/2/16 6:11 AM, Shih-Chiang Chien wrote:
We implement 1-UA mode described in spec. Session resumption and many-to-1
session is not available in this mode.
Google have release this API on both desktop and Android browser for 2-UAs
mode (see https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/6676265876586496), which
allows web page to communicate with Chromecast receiver apps. They are
implementing 1-UA mode as well, see
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!topic/blink-dev/HZ_ZHEE9oDo

Just to make sure I understand:

1)  Google ships "2-UAs" mode.  On which platforms?
2)  We are planning to ship 1-UA mode on Android only, for the moment.
3)  Google is implementing 1-UA mode on desktop only, for the moment.

Is that a correct summary of the current interop situation?

If it is, I have some questions:

A) How are sites expected to make use of this in practice given the above?
B) If a site is written to Google's 2-UAs implementation, what happens when it runs in Firefox with the 1-UA implementation? Can it detect that it's dealing with a 1-UA implementation instead of a 2-UAs one? Does it need to do such detection? Do sites do it in practice?

Do we have any indications from Apple or Microsoft as to whether they plan to implement this API?

-Boris