On Sat, 10 Dec 2016, at 17:58, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 12/5/16 3:20 AM, Mounir Lamouri wrote:
> > Correct. Intent to ship has been sent on blink-dev. Chrome Android
> > should follow.
>
> Do you have any idea what the timeframe is?

Unfortunately not. My best guestimate is 2017 but that's probably too
vague :)

> > The answers to these two questions is very similar. The spec allows to
> > pass an array of URLs to the `PresentationRequest` constructor. That
> > will allow developers to pass Chrome Cast, DIAL and HTTP links (usually
> > called 1-UA mode). Potentially also a Firefox OS TV app URL if they are
> > still different from regular HTTP links.
>
> OK, but a website doing this won't work in Chrome Android.  So what
> would websites actually do in practice?

Not sure what you mean wouldn't work. If a website is a good web citizen
and uses PresentationRequest with an array of URLs such as
['http://example.com', 'cast://example', 'dial://example',
'mozapp://example' ], Chrome Android will work fine because it will use
the "cast://" URL. If a website only uses the 'http://example.com' URL,
Chrome Android browsers will appear as if there are no devices
available. Either way, the website shouldn't be able to notice the
difference. Users might realise that some browsers are able to pick up
some devices and some are not.

-- Mounir