I tried ./mach bootstrap on a fresh m-c this morning and got:

Will try to install Rust.
Downloading rustup-init... Error running mach:

    ['bootstrap']

The error occurred in code that was called by the mach command. This is
either
a bug in the called code itself or in the way that mach is calling it.

You should consider filing a bug for this issue.

If filing a bug, please include the full output of mach, including this
error
message.

The details of the failure are as follows:

URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14077410:SSL
routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure>