On 21/12/16 07:55, Jim Blandy wrote:
> The only things I really want anyway are:
>
> mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=obj-bug
> ac_add_options --enable-debug='-g3 -O0 -fno-inline'
> ac_add_options --disable-optimize

As a side note, I tend to use "-Og -g" as that gives much faster code
than -O0 whilst retaining a reasonable debugging experience, viz:

ac_add_options --enable-optimize="-g -Og"
ac_add_options --enable-debug-symbols
ac_add_options --enable-debug

It does require gcc 5 or later (roughly) and gdb less than a couple of
years old, but that's not much of a constraint.

>From the gcc manual:

-Og
    Optimize debugging experience. -Og enables optimizations that do not
    interfere with debugging. It should be the optimization level of choice
    for the standard edit-compile-debug cycle, offering a reasonable level
    of optimization while maintaining fast compilation and a good debugging
    experience.