Hi,

Thanks for this work, this is great because this would help avoid bug bouncing from one team to another due to changing OOM signatures.

On 02/13/2017 11:37 PM, Nicholas Nethercote wrote:
This change should give us better insight into causes of OOM crashes. For
example, we will be able to see correlations between suspicious
measurements (e.g. ghost-windows > 0) and add-ons.

What is a suspicious measurement? Do we have an idea of the average ratios that these measurements should be in ordinary Firefox sessions?

One OOM-related question which troubles me:

If fixing a JS engine OOM bug can cause black tiles (handled OOM in graphics); Shouldn't we *safely* crash on large OOM allocations, to provide a better user-experience by restarting, instead of a degraded user experience?

--
Nicolas B. Pierron