On Friday 2017-03-10 19:33 -0800, Eric Rescorla wrote:
> We have been using Phabricator for our reviews in NSS and its interdiffs
> work pretty well
> (modulo rebases, which are not so great), and it's very easy to handle LGTM
> with
> nits and verify the nits.

For what it's worth, I think proper interdiffs have two columns of
[ -+] at the beginning of each line, not one column like diffs do.
I've gotten used to reading interdiffs as diff -u of a diff -u, and
while it takes a little getting used to, but once you're used to it,
it actually represents what an interdiff is and is quite usable.  I
think anything that pretends that something like this:

  // Frame has a LayerActivityProperty property
  FRAME_STATE_BIT(Generic, 54, NS_FRAME_HAS_LAYER_ACTIVITY_PROPERTY)

+ // Frame owns anonymous boxes whose style contexts it will need to update
during
+ // a stylo tree traversal.
+ FRAME_STATE_BIT(Generic, 55, NS_FRAME_OWNS_ANON_BOXES)
+
 +// If this bit is set, then reflow may be dispatched from the current
 +// frame instead of the root frame.
-+FRAME_STATE_BIT(Generic, 55, NS_FRAME_DYNAMIC_REFLOW_ROOT)
++FRAME_STATE_BIT(Generic, 56, NS_FRAME_DYNAMIC_REFLOW_ROOT)
 +
  // Set for all descendants of MathML sub/supscript elements (other than the
  // base frame) to indicate that the SSTY font feature should be used.
  FRAME_STATE_BIT(Generic, 58, NS_FRAME_MATHML_SCRIPT_DESCENDANT)

can be represented with only one column of [+- ] at the beginning
is going to fail for some substantial set of important cases (such
as rebases, as you mention).

(That's a piece of interdiff from rebasing my own patch queue
earlier this week.)

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,