As the manager of the sheriffs, I am in favour of this proposal.

The reasons why are as follow (and to note there are only 3 paid sheriffs
to try cover the world):

* A number of r+ with nits land up in the sheriffs queue for
checkin-needed. This then puts the onus on the sheriffs, not the reviewer
that the right thing has been done. The sheriffs do no have the context
knowledge of the patch, never mind the knowledge of the system being
changed.

* The throughput of patches into the trees is only going to increase. If
there are failures, and the sheriffs need to back out, this can be a long
process depending on the failure leading to pile ups of broken patches.

A number of people have complained that using autoland doesn't allow us to
fail forward on patches. While that is true, there is the ability to do
T-shaped try pushes to make sure that you at least compile on all
platforms. This can easily done from Mozreview (Note: I am not suggesting
we move to mozreview).

Regarding burden on reviewers, the comments in this thread just highlight
how broken our current process is by having to flag individual people for
reviews. This leads to the a handful of people doing 50%+ of reviews on the
code. We, at least visibly, don't do enough to encourage new committers
that would lighten the load to allow the re-review if there are nits. Also,
we need to do work to automate the removal of nits to limit the amount of
re-reviews that reviewer can do.

We should try mitigate the security problem and fix our nit problem instead
of bashing that we can't handle re-reviews because of nits.

David