After some follow up investigations, it turns out the MacOS tests also rely
on this, we just hadn't noticed due to a different bug :-(

Short version: Sorry for wasting your time, you can ignore this thread.

All the other feedback we've gotten about general sandbox debugging will
still be considered :-)

Cheers,
Alex