On 2017/08/04 20:46, Simon Sapin wrote:
On 04/08/2017 13:02, Mike Hommey wrote:
On Fri, Aug 04, 2017 at 11:25:52AM +0200, Simon Sapin wrote:
`mk_add_options export RUSTC_WRAPPER=sccache` causes an error:

It's `mk_add_options "export RUSTC_WRAPPER=sccache"`.

That worked, thanks! I now have:

ac_add_options --with-ccache=/usr/bin/ccache
mk_add_options "export CCACHE_PREFIX=icecc"
mk_add_options "export RUSTC_WRAPPER=sccache"
mk_add_options MOZ_MAKE_FLAGS="-j100"

Does using only the two lines below

> ac_add_options --with-ccache=/usr/bin/ccache

and

> mk_add_options "export RUSTC_WRAPPER=sccache"

have the effect of using ccache for ordinary c++/cc compilation
and using sccache for rustc compilation?

I have used ccache extensively (with its setting in various scripts and configuration files and so if I can introduce sccache in an unobtrusive manner, I would use sccache. But come to think of it, if sscacche honors
CCACHE_DIR and other ccache environment variables, then I will have
collisons of the cachefiles, correct?
Hmm... )

TIA