On 09/07/2017 11:09 AM, Shubhie Panicker via dev-platform wrote:
Thanks for the comments.

<< The low end is extremely small buckets, and the high end isn't even
fleshed out but I'm certain that's becomes small buckets too >16GB too.
<< (Obviously this doesn't take into account mobile, and I couldn't find
any reports on distribution of android devices by RAM.)
Mobile and Android devices are key use-cases here and low end bucket is
expected to grow significantly, especially due to efforts like Android Go
<https://techcrunch.com/2017/05/17/android-go-is-a-lightweight-version-of-android-for-crazy-cheap-phones/>

For very low memory devices, the total memory is not the best signal unfortunately. I'm not gonna give precise numbers or names for obvious reaons (Shubbie, you can get them from your colleagues) but for instance the memory used by modems varies greatly from one SoC vendor to the other. The variation may not me so significant to user space when your total memory is a few GB, but it really is on devices like those targeted by Android Go. So you will report something that doesn't help a JS lib to build an opinionated signal - you should rather report the available memory available to web sites, which is a wonderful fingerprinting signal...

Fabrice