James Graham <mailto:ja...@hoppipolla.co.uk>
2017 September 18 at 02:56
5. Allows vanilla git and hg on the client side, but requires something complex, custom, and scary on the server side to allow pushing to either repo. Could be possible if we eliminate ~all manual pushes (i.e. everything goes via autoland), but cinnabar or similar is still there in the background.
If the Gecko repository that developers clone is synced with cinnabar (which is how I sync mozilla/gecko, and which folks've discussed doing with mozilla/gecko-dev for years), then the scary server-side thing could be a Git repository synced with cinnabar that forwards pushes to the current tryserver.

That's essentially the same amount of scariness as is currently the case (i.e. cinnabar), except, as ekr noted, it is only maintained on the server rather than on each individual developer's machine.

-myk