On Tue, Nov 21, 2017, at 06:54 AM, Alexey Zvyagin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I made some crashes by hands (crashfirefox.exe) in Windows 7 and in Unix
> through kill -ABRT
>
> What are the symptoms? In random moments the Firefox v56.* has only-one
> core CPU 100% eating. In Windows 7 (64bit) & Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 LTE
> 64bit)
>
> Reports are here:
>
> Ubuntu OS:
>
> https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/0b0e6273-26fb-482e-b033-c91be1171101
> https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/237ae0e4-6eb2-4c8b-87e8-3c2471171101
> https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/7ddfad60-8f3e-4495-a05f-5d6d21171110
> https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/95468eb1-28b2-40f7-8f0c-8a7261171110
> https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/cd310102-c547-486f-bbd3-0b7791171110
> https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/6df179b4-721a-4440-97e5-059d21171110
>
> Windows 7:
>
> https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/8e172c11-2367-43b1-98f2-128251171113#allthreads

Hi Alexey,

These crashes all seem to be stuck in sqlite code querying the places
database that contains browsing history. In the Windows crash, you can
see that thread 0 is waiting on a sqlite mutex for the database, and
thread 44 is in the middle of running some sort of sqlite query, so
presumably it's holding the mutex.

-Ted