Some enterprises may indeed find that enabling site isolation is worth the
trade-offs (memory usage seems to be the main one on Chrome's
implemenation).
Our current goal is to make sure enterprise users retain the same feature
set with the next ESR and that we deliver a capability that allows easy
integration of new policies and third party management tools. We'll be
reaching out to enterprise users to collect feedback that should help
prioritize our next features, right now it's it's pretty hard to assess how
critical stronger security isolation is when compared to customization
features we're considering in the medium term like the ability to disable
printing.