> Specifically:  I was wondering about the real impact of the webvr
polyfill not working, on Firefox users.  My mention of the work
implementing WebVR was pointing out that we will hopefully not need to
worry about the webvr-polyfil working on Gecko-based browsers in the
not-to-distant future, whenever we have full platform coverage for a real
WebVR/WebXR implementation.

My ideal here is that we have an explicit user action / gesture or prompt
for: Magic window, WebVR/XR and device orientation. We might choose to make
several prompts rolled into one for VR but ultimately it will still require
the user to understand the risks. I'm not really sure there is an obvious
way of protecting the user from magic window being just as dangerous as
device orientation.

> if we’re including iOS in the list of platforms we may want to try and
remove device orientation from

I don't think we need to remove it just provide UI in the short term to
require the user to approve.

> when WebXR (including “Magic Window” support) will ship in all versions
of Firefox

I'm unsure here too, I'm not after restricting these websites from working
at least in the short term. I think the functionality should still exist if
we can come up with the right controls to these APIs.

I suspect we are mostly talking about fennec but I'm also not sure if any
laptops/tablets use these APIs if the sensors exist. If the APIs are in use
again I think the prompts should be clear to the user about the risks they
have.

One thing that we could try is taking the user though an on-boarding
tutorial when they first see a website that uses this API. The tutorial
could explain to them what the API will be called, how they will be
prompted and what the risks are to them.