It seems risky to remove the code (and then have the risk of doing
things that depend on the code being gone) until we've actually
shipped the pref-flip that turns the API off to release.  (Or am I
misunderstanding, and that's already happened?)  Until we've safely
shipped it to release, we can't really be sure we won't have to
change our minds.

-David

On Saturday 2018-05-12 11:30 +0200, Emilio Cobos Álvarez wrote:
> Following up on this, no breakage whatsoever was reported, so I removed the
> pref and the API from the tree in bug 1408301.
>
> Thanks,
>
>  -- Emilio
>
> On 3/23/18 7:23 PM, Emilio Cobos Álvarez wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Bug 1408301 tracks unshipping CSSStyleDeclaration.getPropertyCSSValue.
> >
> > This is a non-standard API only implemented by Mozilla, and that
> > generally can be replaced by usage of the standard .getPropertyValue.
> >
> > We added a use counter and deprecation warning in bug 474655. The data
> > seems to indicate the usage is low, so I'm trying to remove this API on
> > Nightly only to see if there's any breakage in bug 1448415, tentatively
> > under the pref layout.css.getPropertyCSSValue.enabled.
> >
> > Let me know if there's any concern with doing this, and please file bugs
> > blocking either bug 1448415 or bug 1408301 if you see something broken
> > because of this.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> >   -- Emilio

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know