On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 5:01 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbar...@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 7/18/18 4:54 PM, Botond Ballo wrote:
>>
>> Either to include one, or to be able to find and use one provided by
>> the OS/platform.
>

> Ah, ok.
>
> And in the latter case, to disable whatever network stack the OS-provided
> thing has, if any, and substitute its own, right?

I assume you're referring to the set_uri_scheme_handler() function in the API.

My reading of the proposal is that that's an extension mechanism for
the program to be able to override handling of standard URI schemes,
or invent new ones (such as for serving a page from a string in the
C++ program's memory), but if e.g. the program does not override the
"http" URI scheme, the OS-provided implementation's default handler
(including the network stack) would be used.

Cheers,
Botond