On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 4:52 PM Tom Ritter <t...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> Device Memory clearly has made an effort to make it 'less fingerprintable'
> by only reporting possible values of 0.25, 0.5, 1, 2, 4, 8 - but there is
> nothing in the spec about omitting it if desired to reduce fingerprinting.
> This is a spec issue though, and not a rechartering one I don't think.

Would a privacy-conscious user prefer to get the full site experience or a
reduced one? I assume they would rather get the full experience without
divulging any additional information. In that case wouldn't it be better to
just send the maximum allowed value (8) instead of adding another 7th
possible value (like null)?

Panos