Emilio Cobos Álvarez <emi...@crisal.io>
writes:

> Hi,
>
> In bug 1478813 (now on inbound), I've added a new toolchain job and
> code to install cbindgen[1] via `mach bootstrap`, and it will become a
> hard build dependency in the near future.
>
> We use it on the style system to generate C++ structs / enums from the
> Rust definitions (as opposed to bindgen[2], which we use for the
> opposite thing).

Some downstream questions:

Why bindgen is built as part of Firefox but cbindgen isn't? It's not hard
to package both cbindgen and bindgen but the inconsistency looks ad hoc.

How stable cbindgen output across versions? Would Firefox XY (e.g., ESR68)
still build with a version released a year after (in future)?