Dão Gottwald wrote on 5/9/18 1:37 am:
This may have been discussed before since it's kind of an obvious question:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/mozilla.dev.platform/V1vuWPeD_hc/d-hio96ZAwAJ
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/mozilla.dev.platform/Y8kInYxo8UU/e3Pi-_FpBgAJ
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/mozilla.dev.platform/Y8kInYxo8UU/tsF7UfxvBgAJ
Was there a conscious decision not to post phabricator review comments to bugzilla? It's a somewhat significant change from how we've used bugzilla. I can see a potential upside of separating review comments from other planning and chatter. Then again, the line isn't always drawn easily. Plus, it makes it harder to migrate away from phabricator should we want that at some unknown point; that MozReview posted comments to bugzilla turns out to be quite valuable now.

I'd prefer if review comments stayed in bugzilla with an option to hide them.

dao

    To follow up on some previous threads, here is the plan for
    deprecating, archiving, and decommissioning MozReview.

    The MozReview shutdown deadline is approaching. Although enhanced
    commit-series support is still in progress (see update below),
    MozReview users should start familiarizing themselves with
    Phabricator now. We have a guide specifically for MozReview users
    to ease the transition (which will be updated when the
    commit-series work is finalized):
    https://moz-conduit.readthedocs.io/en/latest/mozreview-migration-guide.html

<https://moz-conduit.readthedocs.io/en/latest/mozreview-migration-guide.html>

    From August 6 to August 20, use of MozReview will be restricted to
    updates to existing reviews. In other words, review cycles in
    progress will be given until August 20 to be completed, but no new
    commit series will be permitted.

    On August 20, we will remove public access to MozReview and
    archive patches. Every landed, in-progress, and abandoned patch
    will be downloaded from MozReview and stored in an S3 bucket. The
    “stub attachments” in Bugzilla that currently redirect to
    MozReview will be updated to link to the appropriate S3 bucket.
    Review flags and bug comments will be preserved.

    After archiving is complete and verified, the MozReview servers
    will be decommissioned.

    We will also be writing a simple redirection service to map
    specific MozReview reviews to associated BMO comments, review
    requests to associated bugs, and review-request diffs to the
    appropriate S3 buckets. This service will be up shortly after
    MozReview is decommissioned.

    We realize and apologize that this is a fairly short timeline;
    however, the current location of the MozReview servers is in the
    process of being shut down, and thus it is urgent that we
    decommission this service soon to allow an orderly exit.

    As for enhanced support for series of commits in Phabricator, the
    new command-line interface to submit, update, and apply series
    (bug 1471678) is currently in review. The first release will
    support Mercurial only, but git-cinnabar support will follow
    shortly (the code is designed with it in mind). Work on series
    support in Lando (bug 1457525) is progressing; we will be posting
    screenshots of the new UI shortly. It should be ready in 2-3 weeks.

    Please note that we eventually plan to decommission Splinter as
    well; however, we know we need some time to work out the kinks in
    Phabricator. Splinter will remain operational near-term, but we
    ask everybody to familiarize themselves with Phabricator and file
    bugs when things don't work. *Please do not wait for Splinter EOL
    to try Phabricator; we need your feedback before then in order to
    act on it.*

    Mark

glob — engineering workflow — moz://a