On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 10:58 AM Tom Ritter <t...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 3:17 PM Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan.akhg...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > What are your plans with regards to implementing the second part?  Can
> > these reports be sent cross-origin?  (From the spec, it seems like the
> > answer is yes.)  If so, how are you planning to handle issues such as
> > sending these reports to third-parties, including third-party trackers?
> > I'm worried about: a) sending these reports to a third-party not on the
> TP
> > list, b) sending these reports to a third-party on the TP list, and c)
> what
> > options we have to mitigate the tracking impact of these reports for both
> > of the previous cases, but especially for (b).
>
> Is this a different situation than CSP, which seems to have all these
> same issues? Do we do anything special there?

The CSP report-uri mechanism is deprecated AFAIK (
https://w3c.github.io/webappsec-csp/#directive-report-uri) and is supposed
to be replaced with this new API, so I think it is important to get the new
API right from the privacy perspective even if we didn't get CSP reporting
right (which we didn't -- AFAIK we happily send the CSP violation reports
to wherever the site points us to.)

--
Ehsan