thanks everyone for your comments on this.  It sounds like from a practical
standpoint until we can get the runtimes of PGO builds on try and in
integration to be less than debug build times this is not a desirable change.

A few common responses:
* artifact opt builds on try are fast for quick iterations, a must have
* can we do artifact builds for PGO? (thanks :nalexander for bug 1517533 and
bug 1517532)
* what about talos?  we need to investigate this more, I have always argued
against pgo only for talos, but maybe we can revisit that (bug 1514829)
* do we turn off builds as well?  I had proposed just the tests, if we decide
to turn off talos it would make sense to turn off builds.

Thanks all for the quick feedback, when the bugs in this thread are further
along, or if I see another simpler solution for reducing the duplication, I
will follow up.