On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 10:45 AM Boris Zbarsky <bzbar...@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 4/5/19 10:20 AM, Kartikaya Gupta wrote:
> > If we can drop that then we can remove a bunch of complexity
> > and code paths.
>
> Are we talking about just dropping linux32 _tests_, or dropping linux32
> _support_?

Tests.

> Because if we're keeping support, and linux32 is the only non-APZ
> confiration,

linux32 itself ships with e10s and APZ enabled like all our other
desktop platforms. the linux32 _tests_ also exercise non-e10s
codepaths (mostly to help out fennec), as Joel said in his original
email. But Fennec itself has APZ enabled even though it doesn't have
e10s. So from an APZ point of view those tests are not testing
anything useful. Dropping these tests is not a blocker for dropping
the non-APZ codepaths but it just makes it easier since we don't have
to figure out what to do with the tests that might break as a result.

kats