On 07/01/2020 13:29, Johann Hofmann wrote:

/For disabling tests, review from the test author, triage owner or a component peer is required. If they do not respond within 2? business days or if the frequency is higher than x, the test may be disabled without their consent, but the triage owner *must* be needinfo'd on such a bug in this case./

This seems like a specific case of a more general problem.

Sometimes additional information comes up which means that a bug needs to be retriaged. For example a bug that's now observed to affect many users, or one that has a previously unknown web-compat impact. An intermittent becoming problematically frequent seems to clearly fit into this general category. So the process should be whatever the normal process is for the case where there's additional information that needs to be assessed by the triage owner. It's possible that "needinfo the triage owner" is indeed what one is supposed to do in such a case, but I can't find where that's documented; afaict the triage document at [1] doesn't mention the possibility of bugs returning to triage.

So in addition to the specific changes for intermittent handling, can we document how one nominates a bug for retriage in general (or point me at those docs if they already exist) and document some of the cases where retriage is appropriate.

[1] https://firefox-bug-handling.mozilla.org/triage-bugzilla