Hi there,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question.  I'm trying out
sccache on a non-Mozilla project and am running into 2 big issues on Windows.

First issue is lack of precompiled header support.  Without PCH a build with 0
cache hits takes upwards of 20 minutes, whereas with PCH it takes about 3
minutes.  Is there anything I can do about this?  I tried removing the /Fp
switch from the command line but leaving on /Yu and it seemed to start getting
cache hits, but I'm not sure if there's any negative side effects associated
with this.

Second issue is that I'm not actually sure caching is working correctly.  To be
sure PCH wasn't involved I actually disabled PCH entirely for my build.  Here
are the times for one of our smaller internal targets (208 cpp files):

Sccache disabled (0 hits, 0 misses): 4.424 seconds

[cache on same physical ssd as build directory]
Empty cache (208 misses, 0 hits): 12.193 seconds
Full cache (0 misses, 208 hits): 9.12 seconds

[cache on different physical disk (ssd) as build directory (ssd)]
Empty cache (208 misses, 0 hits): 12.908 seconds
Full cache (0 misses, 208 hits): 9.017 seconds

So the cache is making a difference, but it's still slower than not having a
cache in the first place.

One thing that I don't understand is that even in the case where I get 100%
cache hit rate, a bunch of cl.exe processes spin up and appear to be doing
work.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might diagnose this, or is this
expected?