On 12/14/2020 3:23 AM, Simon Giesecke wrote:
I was using some tools to support this, notably ClangBuildAnalyzer [2] and
include-what-you-use [3]. ClangBuildAnalyzer helped to detect headers that
are expensive to parse throughout the build, and direct efforts to reduce
those specifically. But there remains a long tail of similar things that
can and should be fixed. include-what-you-use helps to identify the headers
from which a file uses declarations to avoid depending on indirectly
included files which might disappear from the include chain by unrelated
changes. These tools are not readymade for everyday use, but I will try to
provide some ideas for using them effectively later on.

Can include-what-you-use be configured as a Phabricator linter to warn about new unused header includes before they are checked in?