Greetings everyone,

Are you tired of the cryptic, not-so-useful patch conflict messages that
Lando normally spits out? If so, you're in luck -- a new feature has just
been deployed to Lando that will hopefully provide you with more useful
information*. *If not, don't worry, you'll still be able to see those
beautiful raw error messages we've all gotten so accustomed to seeing.

Lando will now show you:

   - Which revision in the stack caused the patch conflict
   <https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/1687300>
   - Which revision of the particular file(s) being patched in the revision
   encountered the conflict
   - A diff showing the failed hunks in each file that was not patched
   successfully

*jstutte *has graciously accepted my request to use their patch for testing
this new feature, so you can see it in action in revision D106029
<https://lando.services.mozilla.com/D106029/> (before/after)

Please let me know if you have any feedback on this feature. If you
encounter any issues, please reach out to me via Slack, Matrix, email, this
thread, or file a bug in Conduit::Lando
<https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Conduit&component=Lando>
.

There are some planned improvements (for example, including some of this
info in the notification emails, and cleaning up the interface a little
more), so stay tuned!

Zeid

PS: there were a couple of hiccups deploying this release, so you may have
noticed some delays in your patches landing, but those should be resolved
now.