On 01/29/2014 08:50 PM, From Jeremy Rowley:
1) These root certificates are used in many different systems, not just
Mozilla.  If Mozilla doesn't embed all of them, the ones not embedded will
essentially be untrusted.  The roots proposed are simply replacements for
our existing root certificates, and our plan is to phase out the current
DigiCert root certificates once there is sufficient ubiquity in the new
roots.

Jeremy, not that I overly care, but are you saying that all these roots plus the existing roots were accepted in the Microsoft roots program? I thought there is a hard limit of three roots these days and if correct and enforced by Microsoft your argument doesn't hold.

I'd say that you probably should have not more than three roots, maybe each with a particular algo and hash. From those you can and should issue intermediate CA certificates according to the various purposes you outlined in your mail.

--
Regards

Signer:  Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd.
XMPP:    start...@startcom.org