CNNIC just released a "declaration" concerning Google's recent update:

http://www1.cnnic.cn/AU/MediaC/Announcement/201504/t20150402_52049.htm

"1. The decision that Google has made is unacceptable and unintelligible to
CNNIC, and meanwhile CNNIC sincerely urge that Google would take users’
rights and interests into full consideration.

2. For the users that CNNIC has already issued the certificates to, we
guarantee that your lawful rights and interests will not be affected.

China Internet Network Information Center(CNNIC)
April 2nd, 2015"