On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 7:36 PM, Richard Barnes <rbar...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 8:41 PM, Peter Bowen <pzbo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> As far as I can tell, SalesForce does not have a way to show multiple
>> certificates for one CA.  So it is entirely possible to have all CAs
>> disclosed but not have all CA certificates disclosed. (Some of the
>> edges in the graph may not be present)
>>
>> Does disclosing all CAs meet the policy or does there need to be an
>> update to support disclosing additional certificates?
>

> Policy saith:
> """
> All certificates that are capable of being used to issue new certificates,
> and which directly or transitively chain to a certificate included in
> Mozilla’s CA Certificate Program, MUST be operated in accordance with
> Mozilla’s CA Certificate Policy and MUST either be technically constrained
> or be publicly disclosed and audited.
> """
>
> That reads to me to say that all certificates that might be used in building
> a chain to a trusted root need to be disclosed, not just one per CA.

Does this also include certificates that are revoked?

The test is something like:

(extensions:basicConstraints:CA == TRUE ||
extensions:keyUsage:keyCertSign == TRUE || extensions:keyUsage:crLSign
== TRUE) && ((NOT extensions.include(extendedKeyUsage)) ||
extensions:extendedKeyUsage.include(anyEKU) ||
extensions:extendedKeyUsage.include(serverAuth)) && notAfter >= NOW &&
(NOT TechnicallyConstrained)

> If our SalesForce system doesn't support multiple certs per CA, we might
> have to come with a work-around until it does.

Your SalesForce system seems to assume that a certificate and CA are
equal instead of treating CAs as nodes and certificates as edges in a
directed graph.  I'm not sure how to best disclose additional
certificates.