On 07/10/2016 13:12, Gervase Markham wrote:
* WoSign agrees it should have been more forthcoming about its purchase
of StartCom, and announced it earlier.

* WoSign and StartCom are to be legally separated, with the corporate
structure changed such that Qihoo 360 owns them both individually,
rather than WoSign owning StartCom.

* There will be personnel changes:

  - StartCom’s chairman will be Xiaosheng Tan (Chief Security Officer
    of Qihoo 360).
  - StartCom’s CEO will be Inigo Barreira (formerly GM of StartCom
    Europe).
* StartCom will soon provide a plan on how they will separate their
operations and technology from that of WoSign.

* In the light of these changes, Qihoo 360 request that WoSign and
StartCom be considered separately.

Mozilla is minded to agree that it is reasonable to at least consider
the two companies separately, although that does not preclude the
possibility that we might decide to take the same action for both of
them. Accordingly, Mozilla continues to await the full remediation plan
from StartCom so as to have a full picture. However, I think we can work
towards a conclusion for WoSign now.

As an outsider, here is one question: If StartCom has not yet decided
on a technical separation plan, could one acceptable option for such a
plan be to reactivate the old (pre-acquisition) infrastructure and
software and take it from there?

An answer to that might help StartCom choose an acceptable plan.

Enjoy

Jakob