On Friday, October 14, 2016 at 3:44:50 PM UTC-7, Peter Gutmann wrote:
> Another thing I'd like to bring up is the absolute silence of the CAB forum
> over all this.

It has not been.

> Apple have quietly unilaterally distrusted, Mozilla have
> debated at length (three months now) and are taking action,

mid-August to mid-October is not three months.

> but the regulatory body that should be taking charge, the CAB forum,

The CA/B Forum is not a regulatory body.

> has (apparently) taken absolutely no action.

What action is there for the Forum to take, if your description (though
inaccurate) was accepted?

> Does anyone know the position among other browser vendors, Chrome, IE,

IE > Edge

> Opera, Konqueror, Chromium, Midori,

You treated three Chromium-based browsers (Opera, Chrome, Chromium) as
distinct, and referenced two others (Konqueror, Midori) which have yet to
manage their own root store or policies.