Ryan,

My answers on the particular issues are stated inline.
But the thing I want to address is how could (in this case Digicert) validate
such data and issues certificates? I am investigation more of them and afraid
even linked company names or registration numbers could be false. Shouldn't
those certificates be revoked?

On Wednesday, 19 April 2017 21:28:26 UTC+2, Ryan Sleevi  wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 3:13:36 PM UTC-4, Mike Pasarella wrote:
> > To add some more concerning this issue:
> >
> > https://xenapp.alpinvest.com/
>
> https://crt.sh/?id=42227446
>
> localityName of Amsterdam
> stateOrProvinceName of 19
> countryName of NL
>
> Problem has existed since 2013 - https://crt.sh/?id=6164627

But not solved? Shouldn't this certificate be revoked?

> > https://adoftheyear.com
>
> https://crt.sh/?id=55977126
>
> localityName of Rotterdam
> stateOrProvinceName of California
> countryName of NL

California is for sure not a province in The Netherlands.

> https://crt.sh/?id=5178826 goes back to at least 2014
>
> Previous (good) cert from Comodo at https://crt.sh/?id=36863825
>
> > https://secure.mobihealth.com
>
> https://crt.sh/?id=38952224
>
> localityName of Enschede
> stateOrProvinceName of 15
> countryName of NL
>
> Strangely, this cert had issues from 2013 - 2014 (see
> https://crt.sh/?id=734399 https://crt.sh/?id=3495854
> https://crt.sh/?id=5271322 ), briefly fixed the issue (see
> https://crt.sh/?id=9342945 https://crt.sh/?id=10983769
> https://crt.sh/?id=12915701 https://crt.sh/?id=36254431 ) then went back to
> the issue.
>
> It appears the distinction was DigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA (which does the
> right thing) and DigiCert High Assurance CA-3 (which does the wrong thing)
>
> > https://portal.mobilitymixx.nl
>
> I'm not sure I understand enough to know what the issues are here. Could you
> explain?

Almere is a city (which is correct), but not the province.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almere

> > https://mijn.nfu.nl
>
> https://crt.sh/?id=41866884
>
> localityName of Utrecht
> stateOrProvinceName of 03
> countryName of NL
>
> > https://portal.payplaza.com
>
> https://crt.sh/?id=106229165
>
> I'm not sure I understand the issues enough to know what's wrong here?

Eindhoven is not in the province Noord-Holland. Noord-Brabant (or Brabant)
should be correct.