On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 6:42 AM Jakob Bohm via dev-security-policy <

> One thing:
>
> Could this be a result of the common (among CAs) bug of requiring entry
> of a US/Canada State/Province regardless of country, forcing applicants
> to fill in random data in that field?

That Is not common among CAs, because it's not how certificate information
is validated. Perhaps it would be best if you just waited for Jeremy to
respond, rather than attempting to speculate about the system. I appreciate
the eagerness to find answers, but those sorts of speculation don't really
help much.