https://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/symantec-s-response-google-s-subca-proposal

Symantec have responded to the Google proposal (which Mozilla has
endorsed as the basis for further discussion) with a set of inline
comments which raise some objections to what is proposed.

Google will, no doubt, be evaluating these requests for change and
deciding to accept, or not, each of them. But Mozilla can make our own
independent decisions on these points if we choose. If Google and
Mozilla accept a change, it is accepted. If Google accepts it but we
decline to accept, we can add it to our list of additional requirements
for Symantec instead.

Therefore, I would appreciate the community's careful consideration of
the reasonableness of Symantec's requests for change to the proposal.

Gerv