-----Original Message-----
From: dev-security-policy
[mailto:dev-security-policy-bounces+jeremy.rowley=digicert....@lists.mozilla.org]
 On Behalf Of Jeremy Rowley via dev-security-policy
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2017 2:56 PM
To: Nick Lamb <tialara...@gmail.com>;
mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: RE: CAA Certificate Problem Report

I think that's the opposite of what I'm saying.  CAs don't need to do DNSSEC
provided 1) they don't want to issue certs where DNSSEC is implemented and 2)
the CAA record check times out, and 3) there is a way to check if DNSSEC is
present without doing the entire chain validation. #3 is what I'm not sure of.