Hi Quirin,

I was going to reply to your email after investigating what happened, but since
you´ve posted here, I can share it.

I think most of the CAs are strugling with the DNSSEC interpretation or how to
solve some of the issues.
In our case, I can tell the following:

The DNSSEC checking is optional, and at the time of the request we had it
disabled so we didn´t check it. According to the logs, this cert was requested
at 2017-09-09 11:44 GMT+8 and we enabled it a little bit later 2017-09-09 17:41
GMT+8. As we have had some other issues with the DNSSEC, we have disabled it
again and are dealing with Primekey to have a better approach to this issue.
Futhermore, according to the logs, at the time of checking for a CAA record,
there was none. The lookup was succesful and hence allowed the issuance.

Regarding to your question, I think you´re right and this certificate should
have not been issued but it´s also true that having the DNSSEC checking
optional, this can happen.

Best regards

Iñigo Barreira
CEO