-----Original Message-----
From: dev-security-policy
[mailto:dev-security-policy-bounces+inigo=startcomca....@lists.mozilla.org]
On Behalf Of Quirin Scheitle via dev-security-policy
Sent: martes, 12 de septiembre de 2017 20:30
To: mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: Re: (Mis)-Issuance on CAA Timeout in DNSSEC signed zone

Hi all,

Thank you for the replies. I am glad that there is agreement these
certificates should not have been issued.

I am confident that the test behaved correctly, the last edit on the zone
file was on Aug 31 17:24, and it reads:

crossbear.org.          0       CAA     0 issue ";"

So even if requests would somehow have gotten through the iptables rule
dropping them, it would definitely not have gotten a permitting record.

I also have full pcaps from both name servers serving this domain and can
confirm that not a single query response was sent to any server on September
8th  and 9th.

crossbear.net is a different domain with a different configuration, it is
unrelated to this issue.

Inigo, I am very happy to debug this in detail offline -- I have plenty of
records and data to assist debugging.

Kind regards
Quirin