You didn't really leave room for productive discussion between your
options, did you? :)

As you can see from
https://github.com/mozilla/pkipolicy/blob/master/rootstore/policy.md#8-ca-operational-changes
, notification is required for certain changes - but that notification goes
to a Mozilla mail alias, not to the public lists. As such, one should not
presume that because of a lack of public discussion, there was a lack of
notice.

With respect to "rumor mill reported as fact", considering the people named
in the first article you mentioned include the CEO of Comodo CA and the
Chairman of the Board, it seems that the only way this would be "rumor
mill" is based on whether or not eweek and securityweek are reputable
organizations, right?

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 1:51 PM, Kyle Hamilton via dev-security-policy <