On Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 2:23:07 PM UTC-5, westm...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Why you're removed the post of Peter Gutmann (Nov. 1, 2017, 4:08)?
>
> If I understand correctly, at the time of the public discussion for new root
> certificates SSL.com (RA Comodo) Mozilla concealed information about the
> acquisition of SSL business of Comodo and that now the past public discussion
> about new root certificates SSL.com can be considered incorrect on this
> moment of time.
>
> Regards,
> Andrew.

Andrew,

I'm not sure where you got your information, but SSL.com is a completely
separate company from Comodo. We are based in Houston, Texas.

Although we have a reseller agreement with Comodo, which is quite common among
CAs in the industry, we are not an RA of Comodo as we cannot do our own
validation on certificates chained to Comodo's Root certificates.

Regards,

Leo Grove