Hi Wayne,

As a small clarification - while Chrome has included the certificates, as
noted in the readme, the whitelist is based on SPKI. This was intentional,
to avoid situations of interoperability issues.

Whitelisting by certificate, rather than either SPKI or SPKI-Tuple, brings
with it significant compatibility risks to the ecosystem in terms of being
able to respond to issues. We've already seen this born out with respect to
DigiCert and their Managed PKI intermediates, and wanted to avoid
disruption to both Apple and Google that would otherwise destablize the
ecosystem.

For example, if you note, there are two Google certificates, but they share
the same SPKI and Subject Name - which is why the Chromium whitelist only
has one certificate listed, as it extracts the SPKI from that resource as
part of the whitelist.

Apologies if the README didn't make that clearer, and happy if there are
suggestions or corrections based on that :)

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 1:55 PM, Wayne Thayer via dev-security-policy <