I hope you can understand that trust is not just based on the state of the
world 'today', but based on everything that key has ever done and every bit
of infrastructure that key has run on.

We know that key has been run on deficient infrastructure, with deficient
software, and done deficient things. The continued public examination has
continued to find and discover new issues since 2016. While remedying these
issues is a crucial minimum step towards trust, it only gets you to a point
where the current infrastructure might be suitable to be trusted going
forward.

Ensuring the creation of a new root, with new keys, which has never
certified any of the deficient infrastructure, is the only way the public
has to ensure they are not introducing additional risk to their users.

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 3:23 PM, YairE via dev-security-policy <