I guess under this logic, I withdraw my protest. As you say, Google
could simply start using these certificates, and Mozilla executives
would force you to accept them regardless of any policy violations in
order to keep people using Firefox. This whole process appears to
mostly just be a veneer of legitimacy on a process roughly akin to the
fair and democratic election of Vladimir Putin. :| As long as Google
remains legally answerable to no authority and an effective monopoly
in half a dozen markets, there is roughly no point for Mozilla to
maintain a CA policy: It should simply use Chrome's trusted store.

Google's explanation in their announcement seems to confirm my
statement: That buying roots from GlobalSign is effectively
backdooring the CA process and making their certificates work in
products which would not otherwise trust them.
-Jacob Weisz