Tim  -

I think that statement leaves out the next paragraph of RFC3647:
In a CP, it is possible to leave certain components, subcomponents, and/or
elements unspecified, and to stipulate that the required information will be
indicated in a policy qualifier, or the document to which a policy qualifier
points. Such CPs can be considered parameterized definitions. The set of
provisions should reference or define the required policy qualifier types and
should specify any applicable default values.

I think normally the policy qualifier points to a CPS, but it might be some
other document.
But in any case if both CP & CPS say "No stipulation" in regards to something
that Mozilla cares about like what validation methods are supported for TLS
certificates, then it is very hard to evaluate that set of "disclosed business
practices" to determine if the CA operates in accord with the BRs or Mozilla's
policy.
I think there may be some sections of a CP/CPS that are less critical, but in
terms of any section that is critical to the evaluation for inclusion in a
particular trust store, I would expect one of the 2 documents to clearly state
the operational practices of the CA rather than just stating "No Stipulation"
in both CP & CPS, unless the Policy Qualifier in issued certificates points to
some other document that contains that information.

Again - just my personal opinion.

    wendy