-----Original Message-----
From: dev-security-policy <dev-security-policy-boun...@lists.mozilla.org> On
Behalf Of Matthew Hardeman via dev-security-policy
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2019 9:49 AM
To: mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: Re: CA handling of contact information when reporting problems

I'm merely a relying party and subscriber, but it seems quite unreasonable to
believe that there is or should be any restriction upon a party to a business
communication (which is what a report / complaint from a third party regarding
key compromise, etc, is) from further dissemination of said communications.

It seems to me quite a stretch to suggest that the even the GDPR restrains such
behavior.  Are people seriously suggesting that a third party, with whom you
have no NDA or agreement in place, may as much as email you and expect you to
take action based upon said email AND expect that you be enjoined from as
little as forwarding a copy of that email?  That seems absurd.